Artist Relief Grants
LinksLearn More Apply
To support artists during the COVID-19 crisis, a coalition of national arts grantmakers have come together to create an emergency initiative to offer financial and informational resources to artists across the United States.
Artist Relief is resuming from March 8 to June 23 thanks to a generous lead gift from the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation that was matched by the Lily Auchincloss Foundation, The Willem de Kooning Foundation, DeWitt Stern, a division of Risk Strategies Company, Helen Frankenthaler Foundation COVID-19 Relief Effort, Imperfect Family Foundation, Kinkade Family Foundation, Carolee Schneemann Foundation, Lenore G. Tawney Foundation, and Teiger Foundation.
Artist Relief will distribute $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19; serve as an ongoing informational resource; and work with the COVID-19 Impact Survey for Artists and Creative Workers, designed by Americans for the Arts, to better identify and address the needs of artists.
To be eligible, you must be able to answer ”Yes“ to the prompts listed below. Please note that the Artist Relief coalition partners will make final eligibility determinations as needed.
- I am a practicing artist able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to my work, career, and a public audience;
- I am experiencing dire financial emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- I am 18 years of age or older;
- I can provide a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) after I’ve been notified of my selection;
- I have been living and working in the U.S. for the last two years;
- I am not a full-time employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of any of the coalition partners;
- I have not previously been awarded a relief grant from this fund