University of Delaware, Mechanical Hall Gallery
Following an award winning renovation, Mechanical Hall reopened in 2004 as the home of the Paul R. Jones Collection of African American Art. This gift to the University by the Atlanta collector Paul R. Jones has served as a point of departure for a growing collection of African American art, as well as related faculty and student initiatives.
This African American art collection at UD today includes the Paul R. Jones gift, an impressive survey of prints from the Brandywine Workshop in Philadelphia, and important photographs by P.H. Polk. The gallery in Mechanical Hall offers changing exhibitions of African American Art and related topics. In addition to gallery space, the building houses a print room for the use of those studying objects in the collection.
Built in 1898, Mechanical Hall is on the National Register of Historic Places. Its purposed changed throughout the twentieth century, serving as an engineering building, an athletic training center, a residence for GI's returning to school after World War II, and a ROTC building.
Hours: 12 – 5 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays; 12 – 8 p.m. Thursdays
Closed between exhibitions and during University of Delaware breaks and holidays.
University Museums reopen on February 6, 2013.
Driving Directions & Parking
Please call (302) 831-8037, email email@example.com, or visit www.udel.edu/museums for updates and additional information, including parking and directions.
E. Main St. and North College Ave.
Newark, DE 19716
302 -831-8088 phone
full map & directions
update this page
Update this organization
If you have an organization profile, please log in for quicker processing.